12/16/12

Faux Pas




I am intrigued. 

Growing up, there were so many RULES to how you wore your clothes/what clothes to wear. That is the essence of growing up in public schools, right? I remember when I was in grade school, I was wearing sandals with my outfit, which I'm sure was a just a track suit and some old navy flip flops haha! Being the young tomboy that I was, I never paid attention to any kind of fashion. I liked playing soccer with the boys, what can I say?  Oh my, how times of have changed.

Anyway, a friend of mine came up to me and told me my sandals were CLASHING. I didn't even know what meant! I had to go home to my mom and ask her the definition of the word. Of course, growing up in the girl world, you start to learn "the rules" of fashion. 

BUT NOW, the rules are gone! I am seeing white pants past Labor Day, brown and black combinations, mixed/strong patterns, navy blue/black, sandals in the December (if it's somewhat warm). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT. But are we seeing style/fashion evolution? And I'm not just talking about style from the 70s recycling into 2012. I am thinking RULES/previous faux pas. Are they out the door? 

What are some old rules you remember that are now out the door? Do you say "to hell with the rules" and do your own thing? I'm so curious!





4 comments:

  1. Thank GOSH for white pants past labor day. That rule was so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? I'm loving all of the outfit posts with white skinnies!

      Delete
  2. Great post!!!!


    http://tecuentomistrucos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete