7/12/12

Typewriters

"I'm totally in control of this tiny, tiny world...right there at the typewriter." --JD



For the past few days, I have been fawning over the repertoire of Joan Didion and her brilliance as a literary artist as well as culture icon. I found this interview of her on the sands of an utterly gorgeous beach in Los Angeles. She describes her disposition toward her work ambiance and everything in-between. If only Typewriters could come back as a popular form of screenplay writing.



An artistically liberating work space is so vital to writers, artists, designers and the like. I imagine mine to be a furbellowed room, filled with little vintage notes and objects--every literary great bound to the walls of my room, tailing their illustrious lives. If only.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, I believe either one of those spaces would be artistically liberating for me. If only is right. *one day :) Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jessica! I love post feedback and that is such a compliment coming from a talented designer such as yourself :)

    ReplyDelete