7/9/12

Truth and Beginnings

I am rather shocked at the quiet warmth in my house. With one lamp dimly lit across the room, I am finally able to take a deep breath and contemplate. I live with my boyfriend, black lab and sibe (Van and Bovice), both of which are sleeping at my heels.

My life is hectic but I try to keep my inner-self calm (only happens every once in awhile). I have worked odd jobs here and there, once a waitress at a Shabu Shabu restaurant, a transcriber for an Oral History Research Program and now an assistant at a chiropractor's offices. All of which are getting me nowhere fast.

I am a writer. I love writing. I've enjoyed it since I was a teenager and loved reading before that. I am currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. "This should be a light read," I thought to myself. Yet, in fact, it has brought some of the most thought-provoking questions I have asked myself in a long time such as, "What do I purely enjoy doing?" "Am I choosing a career path because of its legitimacy or because it is my passion?" or "Who am I trying to impress in this one life I am given? Them? Or myself?" These are all questions I have a million answers, objections, sub-questions and the like. But what is the truth? Where is the truth in my life?

Am I actually being honest with myself, day in and day out?

I am starting something new--an interest log (inspired by Rubin's book) as well as this blog that is subject to my own personality/inspirations/aspirations/goals.

I hope you, dear reader, enjoy and find inspiration (at the very least) for your own self-contemplation.

Victoria Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment